Dean McLellan Stonework and the Saugeen Amphitheater restoration program with the support of Upper Canada Stone and Landscape Ontario, will be offering a Dry Stone Walling Association of Great Britain, Certification Day on July 19 2019. The exam day will take place right on the grounds of the Amphitheater in Saugeen Reserve Ontario Hwy 21.
- We are pleased to announce that we have Master Craftsmen Jim James R Hanson and Laurie Lambeth returning for their second year of Examining.
- Potential candidates are encouraged to research the process through the dswa.org.uk web site. Dean is available as the only Examiner in Canada to answer questions.
- Level 1 certification is 475$ Canadian, and Level 2 is 575$ Canadian. Level three exams can be arranged through Dean McLellan as well with costs discussed but expect features and the timed test to be in the range of 575$ plus travel costs if needed.
- Testing will begin at 8 a.m. sharp until 4 p.m. with a mandatory half hour lunch. Level 2 examinees are responsible for providing their own batter frames etc.
- This is a rain or shine event so dress accordingly, with the required hard toe boots, safety wear and tools. Lunch is not provided.
- Applications to examine must be submitted no later than June 1, we can not take applications after this so get them in early to not miss out! The fee charged includes the mandatory DSWAUK international fee of 140$ Canadian.
- This will most likely be the only time that DSWA Certification will be offered this year in Canada. It makes for a terrific opportunity to not be missed for interested masons, wallers and anyone interested in furthering their skill set and achieving a world wide recognized certification in the craft.
- Anyone interested can reach Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-321-1586.